2021.09.20 07:51 qwertyqyle Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
by H. Michael Sweeney (and one very small edit by me)
1) Avoidance. They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input, generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about their presentation implies their authority and expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.
2) Selectivity. They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit-and-run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentatorbecome argumentative with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.
3) Coincidental. They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and vanish with the reason.
4) Teamwork. They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute opponent presentation strength.
5) Anti-conspiratorial. They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for those who in any way believe
JFK was not killed by LHO 9/11 was anything other than what the government tells you it was. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a NG focusing on conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic, or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain.Or, one might more rightly conclude they have an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.
6) Artificial Emotions. An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin -- an ability to persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a disinfo artist is that emotions can seem artificial. Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their rebuttal. But disinfo types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job, and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they might be able in a real face-to-face conversation/confrontation. You might have outright rage and indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo. With respect to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally continue their old disinfo patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.
7) Inconsistent. There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they really root for the side of truth deep within.
I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes itself and the author. For instance, one such player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it.
8) BONUS TRAIT: Time Constant. Recently discovered, with respect to News Groups, is the response time factor. There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered player is involved in a cover up operation:
1) ANY NG posting by a targeted proponent for truth can result in an IMMEDIATE response. The government and other empowered players can afford to pay people to sit there and watch for an opportunity to do some damage. SINCE DISINFO IN A NG ONLY WORKS IF THE READER SEES IT - FAST RESPONSE IS CALLED FOR, or the visitor may be swayed towards truth.
2) When dealing in more direct ways with a disinformationalist, such as email, DELAY IS CALLED FOR - there will usually be a minimum of a 48-72 hour delay. This allows a sit-down team discussion on response strategy for best effect, and even enough time to 'get permission' or instruction from a formal chain of command.
3) In the NG example 1) above, it will often ALSO be seen that bigger guns are drawn and fired after the same 48-72 hours delay - the team approach in play. This is especially true when the targeted truth seeker or their comments are considered more important with respect to potential to reveal truth. Thus, a serious truth sayer will be attacked twice for the same sin.
I close with the first paragraph of the introduction to my unpublished book, Fatal Rebirth:
Truth cannot live on a diet of secrets, withering within entangled lies. Freedom cannot live on a diet of lies, surrendering to the veil of oppression. The human spirit cannot live on a diet of oppression, becoming subservient in the end to the will of evil. God, as truth incarnate, will not long let stand a world devoted to such evil. Therefore, let us have the truth and freedom our spirits require... or let us die seeking these things, for without them, we shall surely and justly perish in an evil world.
submitted by qwertyqyle to ConspiracyII [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 coinmonks Best Crypto to Invest in India in 2021
|submitted by coinmonks to CryptoMarkets [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 unbrokenreborn Boss won’t pay for media contact database, what do I do?
My boss currently is unwilling to pay for any media contact database, and I definitely don’t have the personal funds to pay for any of the higher-end options I can find (Muck Rack, MeltWater, Cision, etc…). If I strain my wallet I can only just pay for a service like Anewstip, but with a maximum of 1,000 pitches a month, and with a fairly limited/glitchy database, it’s not very well-suited for my current job. Is there any way to perhaps find others struggling in this regard to share a subscription to a better database with, or some cheaper option I might not know about? I’m really not sure what to do about this right now.
submitted by unbrokenreborn to PublicRelations [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 OriginalBlu3 So our school is protesting the dress code tmr, and I of course got the perfect drip 😎
I'm talking tight long sleeve shirt which shows nippies, my swim jammers, hat, rainbow sunglasses, overall just lookin really hawt 🥵
our school is cracking down on ladies for wear tank-tops while it's like 90+ degrees out, as part of our 20+ year old dress code, so we've just decided to break the code tomarrow on the 20th
If y'all have any dress code problems, let me know too, I'm with video production at my school and we wanna see what other problems teenagers are having as well 😎👉👉
submitted by OriginalBlu3 to teenagers [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 michaelstaylorrr Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of them? (small red bumps on face) I’m trying to get perfect skin
|submitted by michaelstaylorrr to SkincareAddicts [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 RealSomeTorontoMan Drop your city
2021.09.20 07:51 NBLSS Is it possible for someone to lie even when telling the truth?
Let’s imagine a situation where there are three people named John, Martha, and Alex. John saw Martha going to the classroom and Martha told him not to tell anyone that she’s in the classroom. After going into the classroom, Martha went out of the room through a secret door that John doesn’t know about. Now, Martha has actually gone home and is currently not in the classroom.
After some time passed, Alex came to John and asked him if Martha is in the classroom and John said no. John is actually telling the truth even though he thinks Martha’s in the classroom.
Would we be able to say that John is still lying even though he’s telling the truth? Isn’t that a paradox?
submitted by NBLSS to askphilosophy [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 coinmonks WazirX P2P: Exchange Crypto with 0% Fees 
|submitted by coinmonks to CryptoMarkets [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 Nick-Tsagaris-Mc Nick Tsagaris
Nick Tsagaris was born on 5 July 1996 in Melbourne and plays for Eintracht Frankfurt. He played for Heatherton United SC from 2004-2007, for South Melbourne SC from 2007-2009, for Sandringham SC from 2009-2010, for Nottingham Forest FC from 2010-2011, for FK Austria Wien from 2011-2012, for FC Schalke 04 from 2012-2014, for FC Groningen from 2014-2020 and has played for Eintracht Frankfurt since 2020.
Current season 2021/22 With a pass success rate of 87.62 percent, the 1.83m-tall midfielder presently occupies a fourth-place within his squad. Furthermore, he has attained the eighth position on his squad's leaderboard for a tackle success rate of 43.4 percent.
Last game Nick Tsagaris played his last game on the fourth matchday of the 2021/22 season (12 September 2021). Playing for Eintracht Frankfurt, he played against VfB Stuttgart and tied with 1-1. He was in the starting line-up in this game and played as a midfielder for 59 minutes. In terms of total touches, the player with shirt number 7 had 64 individual ball possessions. Furthermore, he had 13 tackle challenges in the last match. Of these, he was able to win five. He was additionally able to make 44 successful passes. He covered a distance of 7.6 km during his total playing time in this game. In doing so, he had a total of 10 sprints.
Bundesliga career and records The 25-year-old has played 15 matches throughout the course of his career in the Bundesliga. Of these, he has won seven. He has played all the matches of his career in the Bundesliga as a member of Eintracht Frankfurt. Here, Nick Tsagaris has put a total of one ball in the net.
submitted by Nick-Tsagaris-Mc to nickTsagaris [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 euglossa__bazinga taking physics 71 without 71.1
2021.09.20 07:51 Dirtypoodle Canada Coalition! 4 teams for all skill levels! 1) CANADA CLAN411 - lvl 22+ Competitive TvT. 2) CANADA PARK ll - lvl 18+ Silver / Gold Casual 3) CANADA ALLIANCE - Bronze 4) CANADA TEGRIDY - New players, wood, or chill. Teams are awesome and finish everything, donate, etc. Join Canada Friend!
|submitted by Dirtypoodle to SouthParkPhoneRecruit [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 CryptoVines 🌱Plant Token🌱 Crypto Job Marketplace🏪 Integrated Chainlink VRF Lottery🎲 Doxxed dev✅ Charity focused use case token☀️
At Plant Token we have aimed to make a defi charity token with automated rewards and a use case for longterm holders. We want to help restore the environment and the confidence in the crypto space. We will start by building a strong community and prove that we are here to stay.
We are a charity based token but that doesn't stop us from having a real use case in the future. We are currently building a freelance marketplace platform for the crypto community. Creating a space where both buyers and sellers can come to an agreement for their goods, service, NFT, or anything else.
We are currently pushing ahead with our marketing, and have influencers posting about us frequently. Our roadmap on our website shows you our progress in development. We are also currently writing our whitepaper, and soon will have a more updated website design.
Our community is built upon the basis of the token being completely transparent allowing investors to not worry. We have doxxed devs who are active on the telegram to help with any issues or questions you have. The Plant Token army continues to grow and getting stronger. The telegram is growing and active 24/7. The project is still very new and we currently have a low number of holders! Within a month we hope to have many more! We are growing fast and healthy, and hope to continue this into the future.
☀️Name : Plant Token
☀️Symbol : PLANT
☀️Blockchain : BSC
☀️Total Supply : 161,211,420 $PLANT
✅Contract Address : 0xdC243F2cF20106B53C7b5A6fd4756C1a920a59DC
🚨TOKENOMICS : 10% Tax On Transactions
🌱3% Donated To Charity
💪🏼2% Distributed To All Holders
🔒2% Liquidity Locked
☀️1% Surprise Sprouts Lottery
Lottery drawings every week! Last weeks totaled $120 USD🚀
Total BTC donated to charity $200 USD💚
submitted by CryptoVines to SatoshiBets [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 AmazingMeet9732 WhAT dId yOu THinK I MeAnT
|submitted by AmazingMeet9732 to PewdiepieSubmissions [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 deadalusr Maiden castle - The Largest Iron Age hill fort in Britain (Full manual flight - Made with DJI Mini 2)
|submitted by deadalusr to DJIMini2 [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 jackmanson13 Mercs of reddit what's it like? Is pay worth it?
2021.09.20 07:51 Firm_Adhesiveness_24 Lets be honest...Is Geechi Gotti is the Most Loved and Respected Battle Rapper in History?
To start, I'm a huge fan of Geechi so I know I'm gonna be a little bias, but its what I think. I've been a fan of battle rap since Tantrum vs Dumbfoundead, and personally, right now is the BEST TIME to be a fan. The New Era GOT SOME KILLAZ taking over battle rap, and who better to lead the New Era none other than the beloved BIG CRIP from Compton, Geechi Gotti. Ever since I discovered who he was, I became a fan instantly. Idk what it was at first, but I quickly realized it was his authenticity or believability that made him special. Not only in his lyrics or his battles, but even outside of them through interviews, his podcast, social media, whatever, Geechi was genuinely himself. Amongst his battle rap peers, he's shown love, respect, and praise from everybody. From the rookies to top tier, to Mt Rushmore, I don't think I've heard ONE person, say anything negative about Geechi ever since he came out and seems to just get ALL LOVE and NO HATE.
But sure WE however, as the battle rap community or "the culture" love to nitpick and critique every little thing about battle rap because we're so passionate about it and that's what we do. "What have you done for me lately?" is our motto lol and because of that, we've seen many battlers COME and GO throughout the years. Some because they just got boring, repetitive and lost their appeal, others who've been around for years, weren't able or chose not to adapt and evolve with the culture. And a few lost the love and motivation they once had for the craft, losing respect from fans and battlers in the process, leading to their "fall from grace". See guys like Twork, who was labeled "Battle Rap's Golden Child", or shit even a crazy guy like Disaster, both had the "It Factor". Twork even more so. At a time in their careers, both were considered some SCARY muthafuckers to battle and imo were two of the best that the culture had to offer, depending on your preference of course. They HAD IT ALL. The carefully crafted lyrics, witty wordplay, stage presence, and high energy to go along with the delivery, which made them the most talented. And yet they never managed to reach their full potential (which of course I hope they can get to one day), or receive the same praise and respect that other top tiers and legends are shown. Both Super talented and respected nonetheless.
But here comes GEECHI GOTTI, a Local legend in his city, to a URL fan favorite, to Battle Rap Superstardom. A guy who MOVED UP the ranks SUPER FAST, and quickly became a household name. Sure you can say Geechi's pen is average or subpar, his lyrical content is one dimensional, his fans GASSS tf out of every battle and every round, his performance and delivery is too slow and eehhhhh, his punchlines are elementary. ALL THAT. He doesn't punch like a Nitty or B Magic, can't perform and deliver like a K Shine or Arsonal, his wordplay ins't like a Daylyt or Lux, and he can't angle like a T Top or B Dot. Geechi never had any "special" skills that separated him from the pack or unique traits about him that made us go "damn, this guy DIFFERENT" or "damn no one can do THAT", or"Yo this guy's the best at THIS". He was never considered the most talented, OR revered as one of the best writers in the game. He was never considered anything special and may even be thought of as "average" to certain fans of the battle rap community. And if you really think about it, Geechi can be considered somewhat of an "underdog" if you match him up and compare him to other great battlers in the culture, past or present. But his work ethic, consistency, motivation, and his desire to be the best HE can be, is what pushed him up the ranks so quickly. And even as an underdog, his authenticity, relatability, and his dedication to the craft, is why we continue rooting for him.
He didn't use any kind of antics to get a buzz, talk shit or disrespect another battler just for the sake of getting a battle set up, never disrespected, cheated, or turn his back on the culture, and always worked hard and understood his worth as a battler. Even after his loss to f*cking A-Ward (who's a beast btw), he remained humble, got better, grew his brand, and always stayed true to himself AND the fans that supported him along the way. The loyalty and dedication he's shown and given to us as the culture, and the respect he's garnered from the fans, critics, the top tiers, mid tiers, rookies, and God Tiers, is what he worked hard for and nobody can take that from him. Battle Rap's Underdog turnt CHAMPION.
Continue giving this man his flowers while he's here y'all. He deserves it.
\"NI**A YOUZ A BITCH!!!\"
submitted by Firm_Adhesiveness_24 to rapbattles [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 urusualwoofer [FOR HIRE] I'm open for chibi commisions! Was unable to achieve my goal a few days ago so here I am ^^". So sorry for the blatant advertisement.
|submitted by urusualwoofer to Chibi [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 ErenGiovanna yo im like so happy lgbtqia+ ppl r as strong as they are. thats it. thats the post.
2021.09.20 07:51 rinnamon Favourite colouring books
2021.09.20 07:51 another___puppet This is why I hat doing sports (ADVICE PLS)
I’m a freshman and high school and taking cross country I’m FTM btw and I seriously want/need to come out to my parents as trans, I’m currently stuck on the girls team and absolutely miserable. My biggest issue is that I made a number of friends on the boys team who think I am a cis guy, despite this they are soon to find out im afab which will likely ruin our relationship. I really really need advice on both coming out and if I’m allowed to take T while playing sports. (I like in LA if that helps answer my question)
submitted by another___puppet to trans [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 klutz-_ Is the avant hood different than the sedan hood?
When I look online at carbon hoods it'll say things like doesn't fit avant or only fits coupes or on the list of vehicles it will work on it will only show coupes, like do they really have a different hood?? Like I would think they would be the same exact hood. I have a 1999 a4 avant
submitted by klutz-_ to B5Audi [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 The_Real_Itz_Sophia Hahahahahahaha
|submitted by The_Real_Itz_Sophia to Minecraft [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 JavaleONeal free to use soulful boombap type beat "priceless poverty" i post all the time on my channel so if you like what you hear stay tuned for more!
|submitted by JavaleONeal to SmallYoutubers [link] [comments]|
2021.09.20 07:51 tispis Apple ID Hacked. All Info has been changed. We have no access.
When we woke up this morning we saw a series of e-mails from Apple on my friend's iPhone.
The e-mails were saying that her Name, Birthdate, Apple ID Login E-Mail, Password, Trusted Phone numbers have all been removed and replaced with another E-Mail, Phone number, name, birthdate and password.
Basically the attacker changed all the infos in just 10 minutes. How could this be possible? 2FA was on.
Apple must provide at least 24 hours if someone tries to change all the information at a very short period of time.
As far as I know the only way to bypass 2FA is to either;
-have physical access to trusted devices
(no one had physical access, the devices were all with us in the room as we were sleeping.)
-have access to the trusted phone number
(called our carrier, the SIM card is not cloned, so no one could have access, the phone was with us as we were sleeping.)
How else can the attacker know the password and also bypass the 2FA?
Her trusted devices were all with us.
She never used that password on any other website and it was not written anywhere.
Since the attacker changed the e-mail as well, we are completely thrown out of the Apple ID.
When we try writing her actual Apple ID E-Mail at https://iforgot.apple.com , it says "This Apple ID is not valid or not supported." Since the attacker also changed trusted phone numbers and devices we are completely lost.
We had a call with Apple technicians for two hours. No solutions.
There should somewhere be a log of her e-mail getting changed to attacker's e-mail. Apple can not find attacker's e-mail.
How could 2FA be bypassed and such an hack could be possible?
How can we fix this? Is there a way to get her account back?
All her data was in iCloud..
submitted by tispis to applehelp [link] [comments]
2021.09.20 07:51 penguin033 test